Labor Day Weekend Sale on Frecon Farms Yellow Peaches; Bulk Sales Also Available
Peaches get a bad rap this time of year for not being fresh. Frecon Farms began selecting and planting multiple varieties starting in 1944 to ensure that they would have freshly ripened peaches every week from July through September. They personally guarantee your peaches will be fresh when you buy them. Stock up while they last and enjoy the remaining days of the summer harvest!
Yellow peaches are just $4 per quart, two quarts for $7, 1/2 peck for $13, whole pecks for $17, and half bushels are $25.
Peach varieties this week:
- Gloria: offers a unique combination of qualities; it is exceptionally attractive and extremely firm, with a sweet, low-acid flavor. Highly colored (60 to 90% scarlet red over orange-yellow), with bright orange freestone flesh.
- Bounty: Excellent flavor. This yellow fleshed freestone is non-browning, making it an excellent choice for eating fresh or canning.
- Flamin Furey 27A: deep crimson red over yellow- ground color. A freestone peach with yellow flesh that is firm with great flavor.
Fantasia Nectarines - Orange-red fruit with juicy yellow flesh and a ‘free’ stone. Fantasia has a fresh tangy flavor that is rich and sweet when fully ripe.
Pears & Apples – Bartlett Pears are in season along with Ginger Gold Apples
Baked goods are all made from scratch in Frecon’s bakery. Order ahead to guarantee your pie or breads will be at the market at 610-367-6100
- Fruit Pies—Peach, Apple, Blueberry and Cherry
- Tea Breads—Peach Streusel, Apple Streusel and Blueberry
Thinking of canning or baking? Need fruit in bulk? Please call ahead to order larger quantities of number one or utility grade produce and we will deliver it to you at the market.
This Week’s Market Entertainment: Fiorenza-Dowlin
This Week’s Market Vendors: